Ep. 20: Big Gal Yoga - Valerie Sagun
Big Gal Yoga - Valerie Sagun
Valeria Sagun took her first crack at yoga in a college course back in 2011 and now challenges over 152,000 instagram followers to start looking at their bodies through a more positive lens. Valerie (@biggalyoga) joins us this week with friend and co-bopo pal Anna Chapman (@iamannachapman) to talk about how their vastly different backgrounds led them both to a place where they could celebrate their size and encourage others to do the same. Valerie's new book, Big Gal Yoga, dives deeper into her life's story as well as her her yoga tips and practices. The endearing dynamic between these two has got to be some of my favorite #relationshipgoals to date. Take a listen and join the discussion with us!
"Finding that calmness within yoga that I hadn't had before; the simple movement, or just moving your body, can change your mental outlook on things."
- Valerie Sagun
This Week on the Every Body Podcast:
- A look at how Valerie Sagun (@BigGalYoga) and Anna Chapman (@iamannachapman) met and hit it off.
- Valerie's background as a "big gal" of color in a family that that differed from tradition western ideas of beauty.
- How Anna dealt with fat phobia within her own family.
- Valerie and Anna discuss changing bodies in the fat-positive community and being supportive through it all, not just the bigger end of the spectrum.
- Advice for those struggling with getting into a physical practice with yoga.
- Lots of love between these two beautiful friends and body positive warriors.
- Link to Big Gal Yoga book on Amazon
- Valerie Sagun website: http://www.biggalyoga.com/
- Anna Chapman website: iamannachapman.com
Rate & Share
Thank you for joining me this week on the Every Body podcast. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes , subscribe to the show and leave a review to help us grow the podcast. Don’t forget to visit our website , follow us on Facebook , Twitter, and Instagram , and share your story because this podcast is for every body.