Ep. 18: Eating Disorder Recovery & Yoga for All - Dianne Bondy
Eating Disorder Recovery and Yoga For All with Dianne Bondy
Dianne Bondy is a yoga teacher and the founder of an online Yoga studio called Yogasteya, where she welcomes everyone. Going through her own recovery journey from eating disorder, she has now become a social justice activist and one of the leading voices promoting representation in Yoga.
Dianne joins me today to tell the story of her eating disorder and recovery. She also shares how the distorted medical community perceived and handled her disorder a few decades ago.
We also talk about her long love of yoga and how it's help her heal her relationship to her body.
“What my yoga has taught me is my awareness of my body, my body as a vehicle of my own divinity and a way to enjoy my life.”
– Dianne Bondy
This Week on the Every Body Podcast:
- How Dianne was introduced to yoga
- Her relationship with her body growing up
- The society’s body preference during the 70s and the 80s
- What led her to develop a severe eating disorder
- How the medical society ineffectively dealt with eating disorder
- How she got back to yoga
- What triggered her mission to create a cultural change that yoga is for ALL
- Her classes for bigger bodies and bodies with different abilities
- What made her visible in the online world and how it has affected society
Connect with Dianne Bondy:
Rate, Share, & Inspire Others to Love Every Body
Thank you for joining me this week on the Every Body podcast. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave a review to help us spread the word to Every Body!