Ep. 13: Release Food & Weight Obsession with Hilary Kinavey & Dana Sturtevant
Hilary Kinavey, MS, Licensed Professional Counselor and Dana Sturtevant, MS, Registered Dietician are the founders of Be Nourished, founded on the idea that people are born with remarkable instincts to love and care for their bodies. They believe "Body Trust® is a birthright. Our passion is helping people lose the weight of body shame to create the change they seek from a deeper place."
With Hilary’s counseling expertise and Dana’s insightful dietitian skills, we talk about some current events like celebrity diet culture, and a disturbing new research study. We also discuss the importance of pleasure and embodiment. Part of the work they do in the world is helping people reconnect to their bodies, both in the pleasure of movement and eating.
This Week on the Every Body Podcast:
- Dangers of research studies that connect weight loss and eating disorders
- Knowing the differences between body acceptance, healing, and self-care
- How the culture of fat stigma affects weight bias
- Learning the difference between being healthy and being nourished
- The importance of movement as a way of loving your body
Connect with Hilary Kinavey & Dana Sturtevant:
Rate, Share & Inspire Others to Love Every Body
Thank you for joining me this week on the Every Body podcast. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave a review to help us spread the word to Every Body!