Ep. 09: Secrets from the Eating Lab with Dr. Traci Mann
Today’s guest, Traci Mann, a professor of social and health psychology and the principal investigator of the Health and Eating Laboratory at the University of Minnesota, sheds light on the truth about self-control and dieting.
She talks about the relationship between dieting and weight gain with the aim to identify and understand the behaviors related to eating and a person’s body image. Traci also shares her work at the Eating Lab and how her team studies the mindsets people have about dieting and its effects.
This Week on the Every Body Podcast:
- What brought Traci to focus on eating for her life’s work
- Detrimental effects of dieting and its inevitable consequences
- How your body responds to keep you in a certain weight range
- How historical famines changed people’s metabolism to survive
- Things that change and problems that occur when you’re dieting below a set range
- Why it’s so hard for people to believe the facts about dieting
- The result of a study made by Katherine Flegal that show the link between people’s weight and mortality. Read study
- Clarifying the obesity paradox and the relationship between people’s health and fitness level
- Persuasive evidence about obesity being not a good indication of a person’s health
- The truth about willpower as backed by years of experiments and studies
- Effect of removing obstacles when eating healthy foods
Connect with Traci Mann:
- Secrets From the Eating Lab book by Traci Mann
Check Out Our Instagram Contest!
RATE, SHARE & INSPIRE OTHERS TO LOVE EVERY BODY
Thank you for joining me this week on the Every Body podcast. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave a review to help us spread the word to Every Body!